The modular step-sequenced FX processor
- Eleven effect blocks can be routed in thousands of ways.
- Accurately modelled filters, capable of self-oscillation.
- Individual step-sequence for each parameter.
- Randomise each parameter separately.
- Free upgrade for Sequent 1 owners.
Sequent is a modular multi-effects unit, the ideal tool for mangling audio on stage or in the studio.
Sequent has eleven individual effect blocks: a beat looper; two filters, both switchable between lowpass, bandpass, and highpass modes and capable of self oscillation even without an audio input; an oversampled distortion unit (which doubles as a lo-fi bitcrusher); a gate with variable depth and slew; a panner; and a delay unit capable of sub-millisecond delay times, great for creating everything from dub, slapback, and bouncing ball style echoes, to metallic comb filters or flanger effects. And new in Sequent 2: an oversampled frequency shifter, and a unique freezable step sequenced reverb. Plus, combine your effects in new ways using the splitter and merge modules.
Effect blocks can be connected in practically limitless ways by dragging virtual audio cables between them. Route effects in parallel, in series, or any other combination you can dream of.
Want variation? Each effect parameter has its own step sequencer, perfect for building interesting modulation motifs. Easily craft polyrhythmic sounds by individually setting the number of steps and speed for each effect.
Cut-up and rebuild audio in realtime. Use Sequent's flexible looper to create anything from subtle loop variations, to micro-programmed glitches.
Creative block? Let Sequent do the work. Distinct random controls for each parameter allow everything from slight variations, to complete aleatoric composition.
Combine sequencer and effect settings into patterns, which can be instantly switched from the on-screen interface, or even using a MIDI controller.
Controls can be easily mapped to a hardware controller using the simplified MIDI Learn feature.
Free Upgrade for Sequent 1 Owners
If you already own Sequent 1, Sequent 2 is yours for free. You're welcome. Just install the update over your installation of Sequent 1, and your licence will be automatically recognised, or install Sequent 2 on a fresh system and register it manually with your Sequent 1 details.
Buy Sequent 2
Try Sequent 2
Amen Break, BrokenThe Amen Break being fed into Sequent. Sequent is being played 'live' here, with effects being triggered and parameters tweaked in realtime.
Tape DistortionAmen again, this time into the 'Broken TapeRecorder' preset, which adds modulating distortion, filters, pan, and pitchshifting to produce an swaying lo-fi effect.
Auto VariationAn electronica loop, first dry, and then through Sequent. Sequent is introducing various random repeats and modulation effects to spice up a plain loop with glitches and variations.
- macOS Intel VST2 (32-bit & 64-bit); VST3 (64-bit); Audio Unit (32-bit & 64-bit); AAX (64-bit); Standalone Application (64-bit) macOS 10.9 or later, or macOS 11. x86 or M1 with Rosetta 184.108.40.206
- macOS ARM VST2 (ARM & Intel 64-bit); VST3 (ARM & Intel 64-bit); Audio Unit (ARM & Intel 64-bit); AAX (ARM & Intel 64-bit); Standalone Application (ARM & Intel 64-bit) macOS 11 or later, ARM M1 or higher2.0.4
- Windows VST2 (32-bit & 64-bit); VST3 (64-bit); AAX (64-bit); Standalone Application (64-bit) Windows Vista or later.2.0.2
- Linux (64-bit) VST2 (64-bit); VST3 (64-bit); Standalone Application (64-bit) Linux 64-bit2.0.2
- Linux (32-bit) VST2 (32-bit); Standalone Application (32-bit) Linux 32-bit2.0.2
- User Manual